Important points about sale
- Historical building dating from the 1860s, not a new build.
- Not a listed or protected building, can easily be altered.
- Private property.
- Located alongside Wicklow-Arklow railway line.
- Currently family-occupied, monitored by CCTV.
- No visits without appointment.
- Priced for a quick sale. Indicative price €265000.
- Cash or mortgage-approved buyer only.
Individual house, situated completely on its own at the end of a private lane, accessible by driving through Woodview Park housing estate in Avoca village. The property is not in any way part of the Woodview Park housing estate.
Services at the house
- Excellent internet speeds, only 250m from the Avoca landline switch
- AWD trash pickup from front gate
- Deliveries by An Post, DPD and all suppliers to front door
- Short walk to village with its grocery shops, butchers, pubs, chemist’s, and Avoca National School
- Pickups from Avoca village to secondary schools in Arklow, Rathdrum and Wicklow town
- Individual waste-water septic tank
- Irish Water
- Electricity with dedicated line
- Drive time to Arklow secondary schools only 10 minutes.
- Drive time to Cherrywood, Dublin (Dell) – about 40-45 minutes.
- Drive time to Sandyford Industrial Estate (Microsoft, Vodafone) – about 45-50 minutes
- Drive time to UCD – about 50 minutes
- Buses to Dublin airport from Arklow – under 90 minutes
Description of the house
The house is surrounded by gardens.
The property is located alongside a single-track railway line, and separated from it by solid new metal fencing. The house is far enough back so trains are not a nuisance.
To the south and west of the property is Avoca’s GAA pitch, visible from the higher garden of the property.
To the west of the property, on the far side of the GAA parking area and lawns belonging to Wicklow County Council, is Woodview Park, an estate of about 40 houses, about half of which are privately-owned.
We will host visits for persons interested in purchasing the property who have loan approval or will not require financing.
The house is presently occupied and so no visits can take place without prior appointment. The property is monitored by CCTV.
Without being isolated, the house does not have any immediate neighbour. The nearest houses are quite distant and the property is completely private with no overlooking viewpoints. The entire garden area can be used freely.
The house contains a living-room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, bedroom, and a 7m x 5m study/leisure room with mezzanine, and is located on approx. 8000m2, or about 2 acres, of land within Avoca Village.
The house is not located in a flood risk zone, and is not a listed or otherwise protected building.